Faculty In The News
Page 4 of 7
- December 22, 2011 Hugh Rockoff quoted in Yahoo Finance, "Did Our Founding Fathers Believe in Free Markets?".
- December 17, 2011 Michael Bordo of Rutgers University is quoted in the The Economist, "One nation overdrawn...Lessons for Europe from America's History".
- December 11, 2011 Co-authors Hugh Rockoff, Michael D. Bordo, and Angela Redish quoted in the Chicago Tribune in "What others are saying".
- December 3, 2011 Michael Bordo quoted in the Wall Street Journal, "How to Play the Rescue".
- November 29, 2011 Hugh Rockoff quoted in The Business News - Bloomberg Report, "ECB Yield Limits May Echo Fed's Playbook From 1940s: Euro Credit:"
- November 22, 2011 Rosanne Altshuler quoted in The New York Times, "News Analysis: For Deficit Panel, Failure Cuts Two Ways".
- October 20, 2011 Thomas Prusa interviewed on PBS nightly news regarding recent solar panel trade case with China. Story begins about 9:25
- October 18, 2011 Rosanne Altshuler quoted in The Hill, "GOP Looks at International Tax Revamp"
- September 18, 2011 Hugh Rockoff quoted in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, "Today's climate mimics the 1890's"
- September 6, 2011 Michael D. Bordo quoted in Reuters, "History points to fiscal solution to euro crisis".
- August 29, 2011 Michael D. Bordo quoted in The Washington Post, "Recovery could be one of the longest, most difficult in history, economists say".
- August 13, 2011 Louise Russell quoted in the Chicago Tribute, "Provention's Costs".
- August 10, 2011 Eugene White interviewed on NPR
- July 27, 2011 Professor and Chair Rosanne Altshuler testified before the House Ways and Means Committee on July 27 at a hearing on tax reform and consumption based tax-systems. You can read her testimony here.Professor Altshuler appears on the video of the hearing at around 2:30.
- July 14, 2011 Jeff Rubin interviewed on WCTC am radio regarding the National Debt.
- April 12, 2011 Rosanne Altshuler cited in The Huffington Post, "The Tax Man Cometh -- Just Not for Everybody".
- April 8, 2011 Rosanne Altshuler cited in New York Times blog, "The Logic of Cutting Corporate Taxes".
- April 7, 2011 Rosanne Altshuler in Rutgers Media, "Tax Time One of Life's Certainties".
- April 3, 2011 Rosanne Altshuler cited in Newsweek, "The Real GE Scandal".
- March 27, 2011 Paul Krugman comments in the New York Times on Michael D. Bordo and Eugene Whites' research on "Napoleonic War Finance".
- March 11, 2011 Michael D. Bordo quoted in the The Wall Street Journal, "Fed Critics Worry About Risks Inflation Will Break Out".
- February 2, 2011, Testimony of Rosanne Altshuler, Before the Senate Committee on the Budget Hearing on Tax Reform: A Necessary Component for Restoring Fiscal Responsibility. Video of Testimony.
- January 20, 2011, Roberto Chang, quoted in Times Magazine, "Will Rising Food Prices Kill the Recovery?".
- January 12, 2011, Tomas Sjöström, quoted in The Wall Street Journal, "Martial Democracies".