The Masters of Arts degree program in Economics at Rutgers-New Brunswick provides training for students wishing to acquire an understanding of economic theory and a facility with associated quantitative methodology. The program's structure is designed to meet diverse career goals by providing students with two tracks for the completion of degree requirements: the doctoral prep option and the economic data analytics option.
Doctoral Program Preparation Option:
Students with an interest in pursuing a Ph.D. in economics will receive a rigorous grounding in micro- and macroeconomic theory, quantitative methods and mathematics that is critical for success in a research oriented doctoral program. This option will also be valuable for those interested in
- Learning to apply economic methodology in areas such as law, political science, accounting and marketing.
- Acquiring theoretical and empirical skills necessary for economic modeling in the public and private sector.
Economic Data Analytics Option:
The role of analytics and "big data" methods in the modern business environment cannot be overstated. The Rutgers M.A. program in Economics will provide exceptional training in the econometric methodologies crucial for quantitative analysis of economic models using large data sets. Graduates will be prepared to apply these methods in the solution of diverse economic problems arising in
- Health and environmental policy
- Government and public policy
- Macroeconomic analysis and forecasting
- Insurance and risk management